The Government of India is supposedly thinking of including Classical dance and music as CORE study options from Class One at CBSE schools. Throughout India, openings for around 3000 teachers of Classical Dance and Music (Vocal and Instrumental) should be coming up as a result.
Narthaki.com has published this information on their home page. According to the website:
“These teachers will be part of the regular school curriculum with daily classes five days a week.”
Interested candidtaes are asked to send in their “Name, Age, Address, E Mail, Phone number, and dance/music training and experience (not more than 150 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ms. Anita Ratnam and others at Narthaki.com will compile the list and send it on to Shri Kiran Seth, Founder of SPIC MACAY INDIA.
Mr. Ragothaman has brought this to our notice. (Thank You)
I was trying to look into CBSE website and find a circular that corroborates with this announcement. Couldn’t spot it.
If you are wondering what teaching dance in schools would be like…
Here is a sample question paper and evaluation rubric that I found on the CBSE website..
Sample Grade 12 Question Paper- 2004
· Please check that this question paper contains 1 printed page.
· Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
· Please check that this question paper contains 5 questions.
· Please write down the serial number of the question before attempting it.
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 30
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) All questions carry equal marks.
1. Outline the history of Odissi. What is Guru Kelucharan Mahapatra’s contribution to the
revival of Odissi ? 6
2. It is Rukmini Devi’s Centenary year. What is her contribution to Bharat-Natyam ? 6
3. Give the names of the Asamyuta hastas. 6
4. Define the following : 6
(c) Angika Abhinaya
(e) Sanchari Bhava
5. Write a Korvai with adavu syllables. 6
Here is a link to download their assessment indicators.
Best wishes to all applicants.