Deadline: June 20, 2010
Choreography Guidelines: Choreographers may submit existing or new work. Submitted work must be between 5 and 15 minutes in length. Submitted work can be solo or group choreography. Choreographers may choose to perform in the Showcase themselves or choose dancer(s) to perform the work for them. Submitted work must be a classical Indian form or based in/inspired by classical Indian movement. No Bollywood, bhangra or folk pieces accepted.
Honorarium: Chosen choreographers will receive a $250 honorarium.
Time line: Choreographers are encouraged to use the Emerging Choreographers’ Showcase as an opportunity to reflect on and refine your work. Therefore, you are given an opportunity before the final performance to workshop your piece and receive feedback.
- June 20, 2010: submission deadline for choreographers
- July 20, 2010: choreographers and works are selected for the Showcase
- Sept/Oct 2010: informal workshop of all the pieces; each choreographer is given a Q&A session with the audience to receive feedback on the work so far.
- November 6, 2010: final performance at the Emerging Choreographers’ Showcase during Kuchipudi Kalanidhi’s 2010 Festival of Indian Dance
Submissions: Choreographers may choose to submit a digital video file or DVD of the work to be considered.
- Choreographers must submit a digital file (should be playable on both PC and Mac) or DVD containing the entire work to be considered for presentation in the Showcase. The video must be recorded in a dance studio, or equivalent, and must show the dancers and choreography clearly. If the video is of a stage performance, the dancers and choreography must be clearly visible. Maximum length of work is 15 minutes. Submitted DVDs will not be returned.
- Choreographers must write and submit a one-page narrative describing the work under consideration, and include all technical, musical, and other credits as applicable.
- Choreographers must include your bio and resume with mailing address, email address, and phone number where you can be reached.
Deadlines: All submissions must be received by June 20, 2010. Choreographers will be notified of their status by July 20, 2010.
Anuradha Nehru, Artistic Director
Emerging Choreographers’ Showcase
6816 Bradley Blvd.
Bethesda, MD 20817
E-mail (for digital video files): firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (202) 361-3067