I will consolidate all posts on the Madras dance and Music Season 2009-2010. For those of you who would like to know what it is like , “The Hindu” had brought out a curtain raiser on the upcoming “Chennai Music and Dance Season 2008” (PDF version)
This includes an interview with Alarmel Valli. You can download the same at http://www.hindu.com/ms/index.htm
This Season’s Dance Award Winners are listed here
Thematic presentations and dance dramas that are scheduled to be presented for this season are listed here
Krishna Gana Sabha’s Natya kala Conference: that is an annual event during the season will be held at the sabha between December 26 and 31, 2009 .This years conference is convened by Ananda Shankar Jayant . The theme is “Dance Matters”.
contact e-mail: email@example.com
- The dance concerts we get to know of will be added to our calendar which can be viewed in the middle column of the front page of this blog. I have added schedules from Narada Gana Sabha, Bramha Gana Sabha, Nungambakkam Cultural Academy, Bharat Kalachar, Sri Krishna gana sabha, Kalakshetra and others (that I came to know o)f. All programs are subject to change.
- A new comprehensive website (http://www.thedecemberseason.com/home.php) has been launched to provide substantial information on schedules and location of concerts, andother related information like lodging and dining.
- Saigan’s Consolidated and updatedMargazhi Season Guide can be found here
- Visit http://artindia.net/madras09/index.html for a listing of this season’s music and dance performances( Maintained by Sri. G.S. Rajan)
- Mr. Ramkumar’s blog regularly provides Madras Kutcheri updates (including the season concerts, esp. for carnatic music concerts)
Updated Sabha/organization Websites
- Madras Music Academy- http://www.musicacademymadras.in/home.php (schedules updated for this year)
- Bharat Kalachar- http://www.bharatkalachar.com/twentythirdmahotsav.html (schedules updated for this year)
- Vani Mahal-http://www.vanimahal.com/isai_iyal_vizha.php (schedules updated for this year)
Tickets Reservation for NRI:
Kartik Fine Arts: NRIs who want to attend the December season concerts can e-mail the sabha Secretary and reserve tickets. Reservation queries must be sent in October. Such people will get preference in issue of tickets. (subject to availability)
KARTIK FINE ARTS[Regd]Registered office address:
New No.16, old no.39,
Bheemana Garden St,
Administration Office address:
2,Sringeri Mutt Road,
Ph:91-44- 2495 2695.
E.Mail :firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.kartikfineartschennai18.com/
Swathi Sangeethotsavam is an annual classical music festival celebrated in honour of Maharaja Swathi Thirunal Rama Varma (1813 – 1846) the poet king of the Travancore dynasty. This seven day festival is held annually from January 6 to 12 at the ‘Kuthira Malika’ palace at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India where the king himself composed many of his musical gems.This could be a fantastic add- on to your season pilgrimage.Prince Rama Varma who organizes this music festival extends a warm welcome to all music lovers. These amazing concerts are entirely free . The schedule of Jan 2010 festival is as follows:-
Jan 6 Sanjay Subrahmanyan
Jan 7 Balasai (Flute)
Jan 8 Kunnakudi Balamuralikrishna
Jan 9 Varma
Jan 10 Mavelikara P.Subramaniam
Jan 11 Pandit Venkateshkumar (Hindusthani)
Jan12 Seetha Rajan
For more details on this festival visit http://www.aparnaonline.com/princerama.html
Sharing your Schedules
Please feel free to share your performance schedules, reviews and other related info here. Leave it as a comment and I will work on getting it published. Events will be added to our Event calendar .
Source of Info: Personal emails, Music and Dance Websites, Brochures, Mgazines etc.
*-Please verify program schedules with newspapers/sabha as they may be subject to changes