MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems Sdn. Bhd. (“Organiser”) jointly with Indian High Commission organizing a competition on Indian Classical Dance Bharata Natyam and Carnatic Music -Vocal (contest).
Eligibility: Malaysian Nationals 18-26 years of age..
- Each Winner from the Classical Dance and Carnatic Music-vocal will be offered with the below prizes:-
- Winner for Classical Dance – One year Scholarship in Classical Bharatanatyam Dance.
- Winner for Carnatic Music – One year Scholarship in Carnatic Vocal Music.
- After one year studies in Classical Bharatanatyam or Carnatic music , the scholar shall be extendable their studies to a maximum of three years after reviewing their progress report and the results at the end of the academic year. The extension of the years are depands on the university/Private Guru/Teacher/Private institute.
- A scholar shall be entitled for stipend of Rs.3600 per month throughout the 1 year course, contingent grant of Rs3600 perannum, tuition fee/other college fee, hostel charges as claimed by the Institute. In case hostel is not available, he/she shall be paid house rent allowance of Rs.2400 or Rs.3000 permonth depending on the city he/she is studying
- The prize winning candidates/scholars would have the following option:Option 1:Degree Course at a University
The candidate can apply To seek admission during the academic year 2009-10 ,where their duly filled application should reach the ICCR by courier by February 2009.
Option 2:Join a Private Guru/Teacher/Private Institute
If the candidate are interested to joint in the academic year 2008-09 ,candidate need to under go training with some guru/teacher teaching dance and music under, Guru Sishya Parampara(Teacher -Disciple-Tradition)
The winning candidates should go through the list of institutions and teachers teaching music and dance in Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR)’s website: http://www.iccrindia.org. /Handbook of Indian Universities available at the High Commission and fill in the details in their application form as they wish to join.
(i) Degree Course at a University; or
(ii) Join a Private Guru/Teacher/Private Institute.
For more information on how to enter, eligibility criterion and to download application forms click here