The Khajuraho Festival of Dances draws top classical dancers in the country who perform against the spectacular backdrop of the floodlit temples every year in February/March.
KHAJURAHO FESTIVAL OF DANCE 2008
Date:25TH FEB TO 02ND MARCH
The dance performances takes place at the open – air auditorium in front of the famed Chitragupta Temple dedicated to the Sun God and the Vishwanatha Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva at Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh in India.
- 25 Feb 2008: Aruna Mohanty Odissi ,Aditi Mangal Dass Kathak New Delhi
- 26 Feb 2008 :Sailaja Kuchipudi, Chennai and Sarodi Saikiya Satriya Guwahati
- 27 Feb 2008 :Guru Naba Mishra Odissi Bhuwaneshwar and Purva Dhanshree, Vilasini Natyam Hyderabad, Ashim Bandhu Bhattacharya, Kathak,Kolkata
- 28 Feb 2008: Suchita Bhide Chalekar Bharatnatyam Pune, Preeti Patel (Group)Manipuri Kolkata
- 29 Feb 2008: Kala Mandalam Raman Kutty Nair (Group), Kathakali Palakad, Roja Kannan Bharatnatyam Chennai, Sumeeta Sharma,Kathak New Delhi
- 01 Mar 2008 :Shovana Narayan, Kathak, New Delhi,Kalamandlam Leelamma Mohiniattam Trissur
- 02 Mar 2008 :Jaya Ramarao, Vanashree Rao, Kuchipudi New Delhi,Shashdhar Aacharya (Group) Saraikelachhau New Delhi
More details and schedule of this dance festival can be had from http://www.mptourism.com/ff/khajdance.html